5 Dating Profile Tips
Friday, October 25th, 2013
Writing your online dating profile can be daunting, but once you get started it’s well worth the effort (after all online dating is one of the most successful ways of meeting new people).
Here are 5 tips for the perfect profile:
- Watch the length – We ask people to write a minimum of 200 characters about themselves, but ideally you should write approximately three paragraphs about yourself. If you do write a long profile make sure that you leave spaces between your paragraphs to make it easier to read. Whatever you do, don’t write 1000 words as people will lose interest.
- Make your first line stand out – Your first line is what people will see when they carry out a search. Don’t waste it saying “I’ve never done this sort of thing before”. Ideally you should use your first line to sum up who you are, for example “A country-loving farmer with a talent for making cupcakes”.
- Proof read it – Have a read through your profile when you have finished it to make sure that it makes sense. We also recommend using spell-check (but ignoring it when it suggests that you have flowery/green/branded willies instead of wellies).
- Ask a friend – We ask that all members write their own profile, but there is no harm in asking your friends for help. You never know, your friend might point out something about you that you would have never thought to mention.
- A picture paints a thousand words – If all else fails, keep it short and simple and let your photos do the talking.
You can always go back and change your profile at a later date and we recommend that you do so as your life changes.