Free Messaging Event
Thursday, February 06th, 2014
What’s the Deal?
From the 13th – 14th February 2014 Muddy Matches is holding a Free Messaging Event, allowing all members with a live profile to send messages for free, in time to find a date for Valentine’s Day (if you get in quick) or for the weekend ahead.
The offer is open to subscribers and non-subscribers alike and, don’t worry we don’t take any payment details from you! You simply need to have an approved and Visible profile before noon on Wednesday 12th February 2014 to qualify for the Free Messaging Event.
What If I’m already a Subscriber?
If you have a current subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Please add my subscription’ and we will add two extra days to your account.
Preparing For the Free Messaging Event
- If you haven’t already got an approved and visible profile, make sure that you have signed up and sent your profile for approval before 12pm on Wednesday 12th February 2014. Remember to take care to read the dos and don’ts for writing your profile, you don’t want to miss out on a free subscription because your profile has been rejected.
- If you already have a profile, check your account to make sure that it is visible and that everything that you have written is up-to-date.
- If you haven’t got a profile photo, try adding a good clear photograph of your head and shoulders, so that people can see who they are talking to. We promise you’ll get a much better response on the website if you do.
Making the Most of It
Here are our top tips for making the most of your free subscription:
- When looking around, try expanding your search to include people from a wider area and a wider age range. You never know, your dream date might only be a year older or younger than your current search criteria.
- When you’re having a look around, add people to your My Favourites. Not only is this a great ice-breaker as they’ll know that you are interested in them, but it is also a handy list to return to when you come to send them a message.
- Look at the Newest Members and welcome them to the site. We’ve had more than 4,500 people join since the New Year, so there are lots of new people on the site.
- Make sure that you get in contact with everyone who you are interested in and keep an eye on your messages to see who has contacted you!
- Be proactive and don’t wait for other people to send you a message. If you’re interested in someone’s profile, write and tell them why.
What Should I Write In a Message?
It can be tricky thinking of what to say to someone for the first time, so we’ve written a blog post about what to what to say in your first message and have even given some examples. Just remember not to copy them word for word, as it could prove embarrassing!