About You and What You're Looking For
Here are a few questions and suggestions to get you started but, remember, the best profiles are the slightly unusual ones, so just use this as a guide and feel free to tell us anything that will help us understand what you're really like.
- Tell us about your current situation if you feel it's relevant (e.g. just got out of a long-term relationship or moved to a new area with your partner)
- Do you have a particular passion or interest that you haven't mentioned in the "Interests" section?
- What makes you tick? (Try and think how your friends would describe you.) What kind of sense of humour do you have? Do you like to plan or be spontaneous? Are you instantly the life and soul of a party or do you take a while to get to know? What makes a good holiday? What makes a good night out (or in)?
- What makes you different? Tell us about your charming idiosyncrasies.
What/who you are looking for
- What kind of people would you like to meet on this site - are you looking for a few like-minded mates to have a beer with every now and again, or a serious relationship with someone special?
- What kind of personalities do you tend to get on with?
- If you're interested in dating, what would be your ideal partner/date? What would be the worst?
- If you're looking for friendship or shared interests, why not make some suggestions as to what activity (or pub!) you'd like to try.
If you can answer any of those questions, you already have plenty to say. However, here are a few Dos and Don'ts to keep you on the right track when writing your profile:
- Make sure it's true
- Remember this is supposed to be fun, so don't get too serious on us!
- Keep it informal - write like you speak and really show us your personality but try to avoid using "text speak"
- Try to be positive and confident (but not too pleased with yourself!)
- Try to make sure that what you write is grammatically accurate and correctly spelt - it looks so much better on your profile
- Reveal any of your personal contact details (email address, postal address or telephone number)
- Use inappropriate language or make sexual references
- Repeat information (such as your age) that appears elsewhere in your profile