Easy Recipe Ideas to Impress Your Date
Friday, November 16th, 2018
When listing qualities that your ideal partner will possess, ‘a good cook’ is likely to come high up the list. If you would love to cook for your date, but aren’t super-confident in the kitchen, then this is the blog post for you.
Fancy burger and potato wedges
The key to making a great burger and wedges meal is to start with the very best ingredients (within your budget). If you are lucky enough to have a good, local butcher, you can ask for a big, juicy burgers. In the supermarket, look out for the premium range burgers and don’t try to seek out a low fat option as the fat gives flavour and a good texture to a burger.
I’ve opted for wedges instead of chips as there is less chance of making your home smell like fat and you don’t need to buy a deep-fat fryer, or a chip pan.
- 2 beef burgers
- 2 brioche buns
- 2 large Maris Piper potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons of oil/ oil spray
- 1 salad tomato, or beef tomato, sliced
- 2 lettuce leaves
- A selection of sauces, gerkins and cheddar cheese slices to serve
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees centigrade/gas mark 7
- Prepare all of the ingredients
- Place the potatoes onto a baking tray and either spritz with oil, or gently toss them in enough oil to coat them evenly
- Put the potatoes in the pre-heated oven and cook for 25 minutes before flipping them over
- Put back in the oven for approximately 20 minutes
- Fry the burgers on a hot heat for 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side
- Serve the burger and wedges with a range of sauces so that your date can choose what they like best.
Bacon wrapped chicken breasts with roasted vegetables
Chicken is the most popular meat in the UK, so this option should be a safe option (unless your date is a vegetarian of course, in which case you can use vegetarian chicken-style fillets).
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade/ gas mark 6
- Cut the vegetables into slices about 0.5 cm thick
- Place the vegetables onto a tray and spinkle the oil on top of them
- Slice open the chicken breasts and place the cheese in the middle
- Wrap the each chicken breast in two slice of bacon
- Place the chicken in an oven dish
- Place the chicken and vegetables in the oven and roast for 20 minutes
- Check that the chicken is cooked through before serving.