Clock Change Challenge
Saturday, October 29th, 2016
The autumn clocks change was introduced to encourage us to make the most of daylight hours during the winter months. It is particularly helpful for farmers and other workers who get up early in the morning.
Hopefully we can make sure that the clocks change is also useful for your love life as we set you a challenge to use the extra hour to improve your chances of meeting someone online.
The one hour challenge for those who are new to online dating
If you single and are yet to join an online dating website, now is the time. Here’s how you can spend your hour.
- Grab a cup of tea (or another drink of your choice).
- Click on the join for free section on the Muddy Matches homepage and fill in your basic details, or opt to sign in using Facebook. Don’t worry, we won’t share anything with your friends on Facebook if you choose to sign in that way!
- Fill in as many details as possible about your lifestyle, your hobbies and interests as this will help people to determine whether you are a good match for them.
- Write a short piece of profile text about who you are and what you are looking for. For the moment, it can be only a few sentences long as you can go back and add more information at a later date.
- Choose a photo that clearly shows your face to be your Main Photo. Think passport photo, but with a smile.
- If you have time, you can add a selection of other photos that will tell people more about you.
The one hour challenge for those who are already using the website
- Log in to your account and check for activity, such as new messages or people who have added you to their favourites list.
- Reply to any messages that you have – even if it is to say ‘thanks, but no thanks’ as this will let the person know that you are not interested.
- If someone has added you to their favourites list, take a look and their profile and see if you would like to get in touch with them. It’s a good ice-breaker if you are interested, as you can say ‘thank you for adding me to your favourites’ before saying what attracted you to them.
- Look through the new people who have joined the website and send a message to anyone who you like the look of.
- Do a quick scan of your profile to make sure that everything is up-to-date.