5 Rainy Day Date Ideas
Tuesday, May 01st, 2012
Here at Muddy Matches we’re not afraid of a little rain, but when it got up past our wellies (as you can see in the picture) we thought it was time to think of some wet weather date ideas.
So here are our top 5 rainy day date ideas:
- Water sports- When it comes to water sports you’re going to get wet, so you might as well take advantage of the bad weather, grab a wetsuit and get ready to catch a wave. If you’re lucky enough to live near the coast you could head to surfing lessons together or try kitesurfing without the risk of hurtling into swimmers. If you’re miles from the sea there are water sports centres and reservoirs across the country offering wakeboarding, windsurfing and canoeing to name but a few.
- Pool hall– For Steve Davis types the local pool hall is a great way to show off your skills and have a good chat. If you barely know which end of the cue to hold it’ll give you the chance to call on your date for a helping hand and everyone likes to feel needed!
- Get crafty– If your date has said that they’re interested in crafts or have a ‘creative side’ then suggesting a place where you can paint a pot or blow glass will win you serious brownie points. However it’s best to leave the Ghost style pottery making until you really know each other. There are a surprising amount of craft centres across the UK and Ireland. Check your local tourist information website for details or just search for ‘craft centres’.
- Local pub with board games– There’s nothing like the smug feeling of being inside next to a fire when it’s pouring down outside and playing board games is a great way to find out about someone’s personality. If they bemoan you buying Mayfair it might just unveil their competitive streak.
- Museum/ Art galleries – You don’t have to live in London to be close to a museum or art gallery, from the Pencil Museum in Keswick to The National Museum of Rural Life in East Kilbride there are plenty of places to take a date who loves a bit of culture. To find details of museums in your area check out these webpages for England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
For more ideas see our Rainy Day Date Ideas Part II post.
Remember to always tell someone where you’re going and plan a safe route home. For more details check out our safety advice.
What is your favourite rainy day dating idea? Let us know by e-mailing email@example.com.
Check out this success story to see how great dating in the rain can be!