The Equestrian Dating Competition Winner is…
Friday, February 22nd, 2013
After a lot of deliberation, we are pleased to announce that the winner of our equestrian dating competition is Rory from Kent, who has been awarded a month’s free subscription to Muddy Matches.
Here’s what Rory said in response to our questions:
Are you a horse lover yourself or have you dated an equestrian?
Yes and Yes.
What are the best and worst things about dating equestrian singles?
- Being out in the fresh air and lovely countryside with a girl who adores you nearly as much as her horse!
- Arriving on time to pick up your girlfriend, only to find out that she’s decided to muck out her horse – in her party dress!
- Enjoying the excitement of seeing your girlfriend win a competition that she and her horse have worked months towards.
- Getting to know the UK much better, by travelling miles to shows, gymkhanas, events and tack sales.
- Sharing a nice bottle of wine in a nice hot bath together after a good day’s hunting.
- Having a happy horse explain to you why your girlfriend blew last month’s grocery money at Scats!
What are your top 3 tips for dating an equestrian?
- Never make the mistake of trying to position a relationship in between your girlfriend and her beloved horse!
- Always appear to know less about horsemanship than your girlfriend does, even if you may actually know more!
- On pain of death/even when joking, never mention that your girlfriend’s horse might look good wearing her Jodhpurs!
Please keep an eye on our dating advice blog, where we will be revealing some of the other answers that we received.