10 Online Dating Essentials
Sunday, October 09th, 2016
- You’ve got to be in it to win it – By joining an online dating website, you have greatly increased your chances of meeting someone special as online dating is one of the most popular ways to meet a partner.
- Online dating isn’t just a numbers game – You may think that having access to as many people as possible is the way to find love, but it’s quality, not quantity that matters. So, instead of chasing numbers, you should choose a website which fits with your lifestyle. For example, Muddy Matches is designed for people who live a ‘muddy boots lifestyle’, so is the perfect fit for people who live, work, or play in the countryside.
- Send messages to a select few – It’s better to send carefully crafted messages to three people, than it is to send a generic message to 20 people.
- Keep your personal details to yourself – Never, ever reveal your full name, home address, or email address in your online dating profile. We would also advise you to use the online dating site’s messaging service to get to know someone better without revealing too many personal details.
- Be scammer aware – We check through every single online dating profile that is sent through to us to make sure that only genuine country-minded people can join Muddy Matches. However, if you have joined an online dating website, it is important to make sure that you are vigilant and that you halt contact with anyone who looks like they could be a scammer.
- Ask for help – You don’t need to be ashamed of asking your friends for help when writing your online dating profile. You’ll find that they are eager to help you to find your perfect match and they will highlight some of your good qualities that you may have overlooked.
- Add lots of photos – You don’t need to be on first name terms with David Bailey to provide a good selection of photos. Just make sure that you use a nice close up photo of yourself for your Main Photo and ensure that you use a good range of additional photos that show off your figure and your hobbies.
- Be honest – If you want someone to love you for who you are, make sure to be honest about who you really are. Don’t pretend to like something because you think that it will make you look more attractive to others.
- Don’t become pen-pals – The point of online dating is to meet someone in real life. It’s lovely to have conversations online, but it’s important to meet up in person to see whether you get on well when you are face-to-face.
- Do send us your success stories – We absolutely love reading your success stories and can inspire other online daters as well.