Give Chemistry a Chance
Thursday, June 05th, 2014
Love at first sight is a beautiful thing and it does happen, but in most cases you become more attracted to someone the more you get to know them.
Looking for an instant spark could mean that you miss out on someone who could be perfect for you if you just give them a chance.
5 things more important than an instant spark
- Enjoying each other’s company – If you enjoyed spending time with your date that is the most important thing. Even if you don’t instantly fancy each other, don’t end your date by saying “I’d like to see you again as friends”. One date is often not enough to know if you have chemistry, but it is enough to know whether you enjoy someone’s company or not.
- Conversation feels natural – If you’re neither struggling to find something to say, nor trying to fill every silence, you’re on to a winner. You should feel comfortable talking openly, without feeling like you are being judged.
- Compatibility – Muddy Matches is based around the idea of compatibility, in that we realise that your background and hobbies are an important part of falling in love. Compatibility doesn’t necessarily mean that you have all the same hobbies, or that you come from an identical background, but it does mean that your lives should be able to fit together well.
- Sense of humour – Whenever you read an interview with a couple celebrating 50 or 60 years together, the one thing that they say is the secret to a happy relationship is “making each other laugh”. Laughter is hugely bonding and being able to laugh together can get you through experiences that you might encounter in the future.
- Being in the same place (metaphorically speaking) – If one of you is keen to settle down and have children within the next few years and the other is looking for a ‘bit of fun’ then things could be tricky.
The key is to give someone a chance, but not to stay in a relationship when you do not feel any chemistry after you have allowed adequate time for a spark to grow.