Free Dating Websites vs Paid-For Dating Websites
Friday, March 07th, 2014
When it comes to online dating, one of the most important decisions you can make is whether to use a free dating website or a paid-for dating website.
Here are the pros and cons of each type of dating site:
Free Site Advantages
- It’s free.
- Everyone can send and receive messages.
Free Site Disadvantages
- Members may be less serious about finding love.
- Unlikely to have a vetting process in place to prevent scammers from joining.
- Likely to have adverts.
- Some free dating websites have been found to have sold their user’s data to advertisers. If you do choose to use a free site, make sure to check the small print first.
- Many free sites, although free, charge for extras such as boosting your profile in the rankings.
Paid–For Site Advantages
- By paying for a service, members are showing that they are committed to meeting people.
- Money is invested in keeping the website up-to-date.
- Less likely to have adverts.
- More likely to vet profiles to prevent scammers from joining the website.
Paid-For Site Disadvantages
- You have to pay.
- Not everyone is a subscriber
The decision as to whether you use a free dating site or a paid-for site is up to you, but if you are unsure, it is a good idea to ask your friends and family members which websites they would recommend.
Muddy Matches is free to join Muddy Matches and free to look around, but when you wish to get in contact with someone you will have to pay for a subscription.