Top 10 Reasons Why People Joined Muddy Matches
Thursday, January 03rd, 2013
Continuing our Dating profile ‘Top 10’ series, I’ve been looking into the top reasons why people joined Muddy Matches, and here they are in no particular order:
1. “New Year’s resolution” – At this time of year a large number of the new profiles on Muddy Matches refer to finding love in the New Year and we (of course) agree that it’s a fantastic resolution to make. If you’ve already joined and want to get more people viewing your profile in 2013, take a look at our New Year’s Dating Resolutions.
2. “To find love” – Perhaps the most obvious reason to join, but also one of the most sincere. If you’re looking for love and not just friendship, make it clear on your profile and select ‘interested in dating’.
3. “Because my friend recommended it” – Thousands of happy couples have met through Muddy Matches over the years, so it’s no surprise that lots of people say that they joined after hearing good things from their friends.
4. “My friend signed me up” – Some people who met through Muddy Matches take it one step further however, and set about signing their friends up for the site. If your friend is keen to help, ask them to write a few lines for your profile, as it’s far easier for your friend to write something wonderful about you, than it is for you to blow your own trumpet.
5. “My kids want me to love again”- If it isn’t friends, it’s people’s children who are keen to help them to find love. Some parents worry that they will upset their children by dating again, but many people are now finding that their children are actively encouraging their parents to “get back out there”.
6. “To meet people who understand my way of life”- If you’re a farmer for example, then joining a countryside dating site will allow you to meet people who understand that farming is an important part of your life and is not just a 9-5 job.
7. “I have nothing in common with the people on the larger sites” – When it comes to online dating, there are large sites where you have a wider range of people to choose from or there are smaller niche sites like Muddy Matches where you are more likely to meet people with shared interests.
8. “I moved to the city for work and miss the countryside” – With a population of over 8 million, it’s no surprise that some of London’s workers have moved there from the countryside and that many of them miss the rural way of life. If you live in a busy city like London and long for your country roots, then Muddy Matches is a great way to meet countryside lovers.
9. “I thought I should give this internet dating thing a go” – Online dating is less ‘hush, hush’ than it used to be and now you’ll find that you know at least one couple who found love online. In fact it’s now the third most popular way to find a partner.
10. “It’s hard to meet people when you live in a small village” – If you live in a remote area it can be hard to meet new people and ever so slightly embarrassing when you become the ‘talk of the town’ for dating someone from just down the road. Online dating allows you to chat to people who live in surrounding areas who probably don’t know your neighbour.