First Date Checklist
Thursday, August 16th, 2012
- Plan your journey in advance, so that you’re not in a hurry trying to print off a map or relying on a SatNav, which might as well be pointing out a bear on your left for all the use it’s being.
- Make sure you tell a friend where you’re going and take a look at our safety advice.
- If you have children make sure that you find a baby-sitter that you trust so that you aren’t worried about them and having to take regular phone call breaks.
- Make sure to save your date’s number in your phone in case you are running late.
- I know Muddy Matches is aimed at people who don’t mind getting muddy, but make sure that you look clean on your first date; including scrubbing your nails and cleaning your teeth.
- Make sure you wear something you feel attractive in, but are not uncomfortable in. You don’t want to spend time all your time moaning about your painful new shoes.
- Try to plan your outfit in advance so that you aren’t flapping around trying to find your favourite pair of trousers that are at the bottom of the wash pile.
- Don’t overdo anything– if your make up would make Pat Butcher look bare faced or if you’ve used so much aftershave that you feel a little dizzy breathing in you’re gone too far.
- Have a quick look back through their messages and their profile so that you don’t find yourself with a surprised face when your date mentions that they love the same band as you.
- Make sure you look at their photos again; you don’t want that awkward situation of approaching the wrong person. Trust me, it can happen.
- Contact your date in advance to make sure they’re still OK to meet up.
Last, but not least…have fun!
How do you go about planning a date? Join the discussion on Facebook to let us know.