Back in April we launched a competition to replace some of our How Muddy Are You? quiz questions with ones suggested by our members. We had lots of brilliant entries and strangely enough more than one person suggested our favourites so we’ve had to award more prizes than we first planned to.
First prize winner
The first prize winner is Emma, who has won a year’s free subscription to Muddy Matches for her roadkill question. A special prize of 1 month also goes to Paul, who suggested a similar question.
If we’re honest, we did call the authorities to check that it is legal to eat roadkill and if the commonly held belief that “if the person in front of you hit it, you can eat it” is true. The police informed us that you are not breaking the law by removing a dead rabbit from the road, but “you must be wary of your own safety”. If you hit a pet or a deer you must report it to the police!
So, back to the point, Emma’s winning question is as follows…
You accidentally run over a rabbit in your car. Do you:
- Check that it’s dead.
- Have it for dinner.
- Phone the vet.
- Drive on in tears. › Continue reading
Professor Monica Whitty and Dr Sue Jamison-Powell at the University of Leicester are carrying out a study into identity. They are looking for people who are using online dating sites to take part in the survey.
Dr Sue Jamison-Powell said:
“If you are currently using a dating site you are invited to take part in our study which examines identity across offline and online spaces. The study involves you completing personality questionnaires and answering questions about online dating. The survey should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. You will have the opportunity to be entered into a draw to win a £300 Amazon voucher.”
This competition is now closed. We had a lot of excellent entries come through, so winners will now be announced once we have made our decision.
The ‘How Muddy Are You?’ quiz has been on the site from the beginning and has helped thousands of people to find out just how muddy they are. However, we feel it’s time for a revamp and we’d love to hear what you think, so we’re running a competition to see what you’d like to see in the quiz. › Continue reading
After a lot of deliberation, we are pleased to announce that the winner of our equestrian dating competition is Rory from Kent, who has been awarded a month’s free subscription to Muddy Matches.
Here’s what Rory said in response to our questions:
Are you a horse lover yourself or have you dated an equestrian?
Yes and Yes.
What are the best and worst things about dating equestrian singles?
- Being out in the fresh air and lovely countryside with a girl who adores you nearly as much as her horse!
- Arriving on time to pick up your girlfriend, only to find out that she’s decided to muck out her horse – in her party dress!
- Enjoying the excitement of seeing your girlfriend win a competition that she and her horse have worked months towards.
- Getting to know the UK much better, by travelling miles to shows, gymkhanas, events and tack sales.
- Sharing a nice bottle of wine in a nice hot bath together after a good day’s hunting.
- Having a happy horse explain to you why your girlfriend blew last month’s grocery money at Scats!
What are your top 3 tips for dating an equestrian?
- Never make the mistake of trying to position a relationship in between your girlfriend and her beloved horse!
- Always appear to know less about horsemanship than your girlfriend does, even if you may actually know more!
- On pain of death/even when joking, never mention that your girlfriend’s horse might look good wearing her Jodhpurs!
Please keep an eye on our dating advice blog, where we will be revealing some of the other answers that we received.
*This competition is now closed!*
Muddy Matches is a great place to meet equestrian singles and we have a lot of horse loving members on the website keen to meet fellow horsey people.
If you’re an equestrian single yourself, or have dated horse lovers, we’d love to hear from you about your experiences of equestrian dating…
What do we want to know?
- Are you a horse lover yourself or have you dated an equestrian?
- What are the best and worst things about dating equestrian singles?
- What are your top 3 tips for dating an equestrian?
What’s in it for you?
We will publish the top 10 answers and award each one with a week’s free subscription to the site. One reply will be chosen as the star respondent and will win one month’s free subscription to the site.
How to enter
Just email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win a free subscription.
To qualify for a free subscription you will need to be a member of Muddy Matches, if you are not currently a member please sign up for free. Only one free subscription will be awarded per winner. You do not need to be a current subscriber.