Tag: countryside events
We have been working hard updating our Countryside Calendar with details of lots of country shows, equestrian events and other countryside social events for 2012. Why not take a look to see what’s going on in your region?
If there’s something you think we have missed, drop Jo a line at email@example.com.
Katie has been busy updating our Country Calendar for 2011 with all the major country shows, game fairs, horse trials etc. in your area.
Take a look to see what’s going on in your region!
We had an amazing three days at the CLA Game Fair this year and were delighted to meet so many of you at the show.
The highlight for us was the Saturday, the show’s busiest day. Despite some dubious weather reports, the sun shone throughout and we had an action-packed day on the stand, with lots of members (past, present and future) coming to say hello and every spare corner of the stand taken up by people for our wine tasting in the afternoon. Our lunch in the Members Enclosure and the clay shooting session on the Clay Line also went really well.
However, the main event for us was our tongue-in-cheek dating show in the Game Fair Theatre at 4.30pm. Presented by Apprentice finalist Claire Young, the show saw 10 country-minded contestants vying for the attention of our male and female ‘pickers’…as usual there was plenty of cheeky banter!
The pickers were asked to choose one person to accompany them on a date and the two couples were then whisked off for a romantic picnic in Belvoir Castle’s stunning rose garden.
One of the nicest things was that, over the three days, we counted more than 30 couples who came up to us to say that they had met each other on the site or at one of our events. We all work really hard so it makes our day when we get to see people happily matched up.
***UPDATE – Charles and Sophie have since announced their engagement – check out our Success Stories page to read more about it***
If you are still waiting to meet the right person, you’ll be pleased to know that more than 600 people have registered on the site in the last week alone so why not head over to the Newest Members section (under the Search tab) and say hello!
Here are a selection of photographs from our successful Mud Lovers Ball.
More and more of you have been sending your feedback about the night and we are delighted that so many of you had such a good time.
We are also quite excited by the number of people going out on dates as a result of the evening – good on you all!
Thanks to the band, who were amazing and kept the floor packed from the moment they started to the very end of the night.
A big thank you also to Ian and Sandra for running ‘Strictly Muddy’ during the band break and showing us all some new moves…they were also responsible, we think, for a number of new partnerships on the dance floor!
Thanks also to all of the welly companies that helped us with our table decorations – well you can’t have a Mud Lovers ball without wellies can you?!
Aigle - www.aigle.com/uk
Ariat - www.ariat-europe.co.uk
Barbour - www.barbour.com
Brasher - www.brasher.co.uk
Dickies - www.dickiesworkwear.com
Dubarry - www.dubarryboots.com
Dunlop - www.dunlopboots.com
Evercreatures - www.funky-wellington-boots.co.uk
Fred’s – www.fredsclothing.co.uk
Gelert – www.gelert.com
Girlie Gardening – www.girliegardening.com
Hoggs - www.hoggs.co.uk
Hunter - www.hunterboots.com
Jileon - www.jileon.com
Joules - www.joulesclothing.com
LeChameau - www.lechameau.co.uk
MuckBoot - www.muckbootco.co.uk
Muddies - www.muddieboots.com
Toggi – www.toggi.com
Some of your feedback from the night:
“What a fantastic Ball. A huge success – well done. Sincerely hope there will be others. What struck me was the buzz in the hangar, and the fact that the dance floor was full as soon as the superb band struck up. You would not have thought it was a room full of strangers – everyone got on so well! Great venue, amazing band, good food and brilliant atmosphere. Not bad for your first Ball. And, I met someone – seeing him later this week and we wouldn’t have met on the site as we are just a bit off the map, but having met it seems its worth the effort!”
“Katherine, Tricia and I just wanted to say THANKS for a fab weekend – it lived up to…..no, exceeded our expectations!!! Cannot tell you how much we all enjoyed it from start to finish and talking to others there I think that was the view shared by most. Can’t wait till the next one!!”
“I just wanted to email and say what a fab time my friends and I had this weekend. We had so much fun and met lots new and interesting people!! The shoot was a great idea (even though I didn’t hit a thing) to break the ice before the ball and the band were fantastic. Think it’s safe to say it was a complete succes and I know my friends and I are looking forward to the next event!”
“Just a quick note to say a big thank you for a wounderful day and an even better night. Alot of fun was had on the
toggi table and cant wait for the next one.”
“Just wanted to say that the Ball on Saturday night was a brilliant event. My friend Joanna and I enjoyed it so much! So Congratulations for organising such a successful event. Hope you enjoyed yourselves too. Could you please keep us informed of any other evening events that you organise.”
“I would just like to thank you both for putting on such a good show last night at Sywell. I thought you did an exhaling job. i really enjoyed my self.”
“I would just like to thank you two ladies for an excellent weekend that you organised. I know there is a lot of work in organising such an event but you did it brilliantly and it is very much appreciated we had so much fun!”
“Thank you for a fantastic evening on Saturday nite,good food,good music,far too much too drink,and even more important good company!”
“Dear Muddy matches team – just wanted to thank you all for putting on a fun and interesting party last night,it was great to meet so many diefferent people from all walks of life!”
Here’s a list of all our lovely sponsors from the 2008 CLA Game Fair at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire:
- Sloe Motion – producers of delicious handmade sloe gin, vodka, whisky, chocolate truffles and chutney, all made from hand-picked hedgerow fruit. Thanks to Jonathan for providing us with lots of yummy sloe gin to make cocktails for Straw Bale Speed Dating and Muddy AfFair guests! www.sloemotion.com
- John Gerrard Wines – suppliers of Houghton Sparkling Pinot Noir Chardonnay and many other wines from Western Australia. Thanks for the sparkling wine for the Muddy AfFair cocktails! www.johngerardwines.co.uk
- Belvoir Fruit Farms – delicious, natural fruit cordials and sparkling drinks. Thanks for the delicious Elderflower Cordial and the Passionfruit & Mango Cordial that quenched the thirst of many of our Straw Bale Speed Dating and Muddy AfFair guests in the incredible heat. www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk
- Tyrrells Potato Chips – delicious potato chips produced on the Tyrrells farm from their own grown potatoes. Thanks for feeding our Straw Bale Speed Dating and Muddy AfFair guests. www.tyrrellspotatochips.co.uk
Thanks also to the following people who all donated prizes for our Muddy AfFair:
- Bredon Hill Shooting Supplies – offering a full range of shotguns, rifles, and air rifles, cartridges, and ammunition alongside shooting clothing, footwear and accessories.
- Chapel Kitchens & Furniture – fitted and bespoke kitchen designers based in Yorkshire.
- Country Life Magazine - weekly magazine for those who are passionate about the British countryside, fine art, gardening and property.
- Countryman’s Weekly Magazine – countrysports publication available throughout the UK.
- Countryside Alliance – working for everyone who loves the countryside and the rural way of life.
- Farrington Oils – producers of Mellow Yellow cold pressed rapeseed oil and tasty salad dressings.
- Gilsan Sports – one of the North’s leading retailers in guns and fishing equipment.
- Jake Eastham – nature and field sports photographer.
- Jelly Belly – the original American Gourmet Jelly Belly jelly beans.
- Purdey – designers and builders of English-style shotguns and sporting firearms.
- Shooting Gazette Magazine – monthly magazine devoted to game and rough shooting.
- Splash Clothing – slogan shirts and water-repellent cotton stretchjods, jeans, & polo whites.
- Sportfish – fly-fishing tackle and equipment.
- Sporting Saint – manufacturers and suppliers of gundog training equipment.
- The Present Finder – unusual and upmarket presents.